Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wednesday, 29th November

It was like Spring today so we spent a couple of hours digging over what we'd dug before, just to get more air in and help break down the clay that we have as earth! Did well, I got down deeper and discovered that our plot probably had some bushes, fruit or otherwise, along one side. I couldn't budge the huge roots - P will have to assist another time. It was pleasant, and warm, and my boots only started to get stuck in the mud towards the end of the afternoon!

Still loving it, still longing for a nicely dug, weed free, bog free area to work with, but it certainly is good excerise.

Took along a saw this time so B (and K) could have a go at sawing the large log I found when we first started. He didn't get very far (nor did K), but he did use the saw to dissect more pears (that continue to fall on a regular basis). K did some toy saddle and bridle making while I dug and dug and dug.

K and B have both drawn out their dream versions of the plot. They include some veg but mainly flowers together with streams, ponds, winding pathways, a seat and shed! Dream on!

It's all boring at the moment, but don't give up (until I do!), please keep checking in! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

Didn't realise you had an allotment blog as well. Look forward to seeing it all take shape.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Bree said...

oh I just read of all this blog. Whats happened? are you still working at it? Last post was in November and Id love to know if you got any further after all that digging. I know just what its like!

Bre

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Have just come across your comments Nicki and Bree. Since moving, we've left The Plot behind, but I've started a new blog which can be reached through my home education blog. It's all about setting up our veggie plot in our new home. Elle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home